Attachment parenting

First, I should say that I didn't read the Time article that went along with the cover picture of the woman breastfeeding her toddler. And I don't think I will. I can't imagine it's good for me to read speculation about parenting styles and their various merits and drawbacks. After all, every child is different, as is every family. All the media attention on parenting seems to just provide an opportunity for people to judge everyone else.

That being said, I really hope that the attachment parenting I'm doing now will pay off. Because it is exhausting to hold your baby all day and all night long. I know he's still really young, but I do celebrate a little bit when he shows signs of independence. Like when he'll lay on his play mat for a few minutes without crying. Just enough time for me to scarf down a meal!


He does offer these little "breaks," but I am working on managing my expectations. Babies are such babies, and I just have to adjust to living in his world on his terms for a while. 

Comments

Popular Posts