He smiles!

Yep, it does make me forget how hard the past few weeks have been. Amazing how he can make me feel just so happy and then so frustrated too.

Anyway he's been pretty good at night. We are sharing our bed with him because it's just easier and he seems to make fewer scary newborn noises (the snorting and grunting in his sleep). He still sleeps in the crib during the day, IF I can get him to nap. Sometimes I think that if I were smarter, I'd figure out what makes him sleep well during the day, but it seems to change every day when he'll nap. I pretty much go through a list of things that could get him sleepy - nursing, swaddling, rocking, singing a lullaby, white noise. They all work sometimes with varying degrees of success, and the naps vary from 40 minutes to 5 hours. Hopefully as he gets older, the nap/sleep times will settle into some kind of schedule. 

The only consistent thing so far is that he will sleep when we have visitors :-)

Comments

Popular Posts