Am I doing this right?

I will probably never know. Every day is another series of trial and error. I know that children need structure and consistency, but right now I can barely get myself dressed for the day, let alone, organize any kind of routine for the baby. I suppose that in this "fourth trimester" period, all routines go out the window and we just respond to the baby's demands.

Still, I do wish there was some kind of predictability. Maybe part of me feels like if I came into my own as a mother, I'd be able to figure out all his cues - you know, get to him and give him what he needs before he starts to bawl. But probably I should just be happy that I have a vocal kid who lets me know that he needs something, and that deciphering his cries is engaging me mentally. Mothers are no dummies, and maybe Louis is just determined to turn me into a genius.

Comments

Popular Posts